- LinkedIn is the perfect personal branding and publicity tool.
- LinkedIn is the ultimate personal Customer and Prospect Relationship Management platform.
- LinkedIn presents an amazing opportunity as most users are not using this social medium to anywhere near its potential.
The world has changed and the change of pace will keep accelerating. Whether there will be another financial crisis or not, and how big it will be, is not something any of us can predict or control, but jobs will keep being lost; outsourcing, offshoring, and resources will all keep flowing to where the return on investment is the greatest. Whether it is job vacancies or business opportunities you will have to work harder and smarter to stand out and differentiate yourself from a greater number of competitors all trying to get a smaller share of the pie.
So, who can you rely on when times get tough?
You! And the equity in you, your personal brand. LinkedIn is the perfect personal branding and publicity tool.
LinkedIn, is a way that you can communicate to the world what you know, your experience and expertise, and the benefits you can deliver to your clients. Just as importantly, you can use LinkedIn to leverage the equity in your existing relationships to get in front of the people that matter – prospects, allies, partners, employers.
Online Marketing in general, and Social Media Marketing specifically, together with the irreversible swing towards inbound marketing, means that if your online marketing assets are not optimised and helping you and your business ‘get found’ then you will rapidly be left behind.
When it comes to B2B and professional services, LinkedIn provides the ultimate platform – which is, currently, terribly under-utilised – on which to combine all of your marketing assets; once they have been optimised – no point driving visitors to a leaky boat:
- Your LinkedIn Profile itself is a great way to be found by prospects and stay top of mind in front of your customers
- Your Website
- Your Blog
- Your YouTube Channel
- Your Slideshare
Here are 5 YouTube videos, all under 10 minutes long, that will provide a great overview of the general benefits of Social Media, specifically illustrating the advantages of using LinkedIn to gain exposure, engage customers and grow your business. The videos cover:
• Why LinkedIn is the most powerful yet underutilized Social Media platform for Business-to-Business (B2B) enterprises and Professional Services Firms
- Why LinkedIn is the perfect marketing hub that links the top 3 social media tools in the B2B and Professional Services space; Twitter, LinkedIn and Blogs
- How much time you will need to invest into social media marketing to reap the benefits?
- How to make your message stand out and be noticed?
- What are the marketing Do’s and Don’ts of Social Media
The Art and Science of Linked In
Gene is the co-founder of The Marketing Network, an SME Branding & Marketing Agency that brings together every marketing discipline, providing convenient and affordable solutions for their clients – professional services and B2B firms that need to find, attract and retain customers.
Please let the 8020 Center and Gene know what you think by leaving a message in the comments section below.